Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hvac....

Blog Entries
    A couple years ago my wife and I replace the 21 year old AC system in our house. We went from an undersized SEER 10 to a SEER 15. Our electric bill dropped by $40 a month from May to October, and $15-$20 a month the rest of the year. The year before we replace all the single pain windows with insulated units, and while we did not see a big difference in temperature we did see a huge drop in noise level.
    We were amazed by the difference the day the new unit went in, the old 2.5 ton unit struggled to maintain 78 degrees and ran 24/7 most of the summer. The new unit will keep the house at whatever temp we set it to. We also have one of the Nest thermostats which send the system into an away mode when we leave the house and lets us run fairly complex schedules.

Ken, I can't believe the AC companies were trying to sell you less efficient units, the only thing I can think of is they had them sitting around and they were trying to get rid of them. I actually kicked a window salesmen out of my house when getting bids... it was not a fun evening.

Good for you Ken. I can't comment on the numbers because I really don't know, but you are the one paying so you should get what you want.

Well, in fact, I got it, bought it and yesterday evening they completed the installation of a 16SEER AC and a 60,000 btu 96% gas furnace. Today it reached 96ºF but I had the thermostat set for 74ºF and there it stayed. I worked outside until 5:00 p.m. and it sure was nice to come in to a cool house!

Interestingly enough, the guy who argued with me, who is the owner of that company, didn't even send me a bid after he came out, measured, argued his point and left. It's just as well as he wouldn't have gotten the contract. Maybe he figured that out during our "discussion".

I couldn't have been happier with the installation. They did a good job of installing it and a great job of cleaning up their messes after they were finished. A local regional medical center was one of my major customer accounts before I retired. The young guy in his 30's who did the install was the son of the head of the engineering department there. His dad and I are friends. Like his Dad, he did a good job in a friendly manner. The installation manager saw my surname and address and dropped by to visit. I hadn't seen in nearly 35 years since he played little league baseball with our youngest son. I was unaware of these 2 guys working for the company I chose before I signed the contract and wrote the down payment check.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

4. Few times facing small problem in our AC so we have to know few idea: https://finalscope.com/ac-troubleshooting-tips/