Thread: Terminology for a PVC to tubing connector?

Terminology for a PVC to tubing connector?

What's the terminology for a fitting that connects 1/2 inch PVC pipe to plastic tubing?
    I saw such a fitting in a YouTube video. The end that fits into the PVC pipe is threaded, which isn't obvious from the attached screenshot.

Couldn't find it at Home Depot - perhaps I wasn't using the right terms to ask for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a threaded male end with a hose barb

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    What's the terminology for a fitting that connects 1/2 inch PVC pipe to plastic tubing?
    I saw such a fitting in a YouTube video. The end that fits into the PVC pipe is threaded, which isn't obvious from the attached screenshot.

Couldn't find it at Home Depot - perhaps I wasn't using the right terms to ask for it.
    I've never looked for such a thing at Home Depot. Our local Ace hardware has quite a large selection of such fittings. If you have a local hardware store have you checked there?

I see the terminology as such : Barbed 1/2" x 1/2" Inch MPT Fitting

Instead of trying to find terminology that the store personnel will understand you could just take you phone with you and show them the video or the picture you posted.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

also do you want plastic which will fail in the sun or brass which will cost a dollar more and last forever. be careful and do not get a potmetal one which will corrode away under the brass paint.
    Bill D.

Blog Entries
    They are quite common and can be found at any of the home improvement stores, as well as perhas and hw store.
    They come with a wide varieties of ways to connect to other conduit.
    I've used many of them when I had a koi pond.
    I think you can get them in slip fitting as will, so you can glue a pvc pipe into it. The are pipe thread.
    Look for the isle where you can see rolls of plastic tubing sticking out.
    Last edited by Bill Jobe; 06-07-2019 at 5:33 PM.