Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opportunity to buy 20" Rockwell Bandsaw

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    4 or 5 20” Deltas sold at auction today, all went for less than $400 and were in excellent condition. New tires, painted, etc, though 3 phase so tack on $200 for a VFD. An anomaly I think, and location location location, as this was in Indiana.
    Bunch of stuff went super cheap at that auction, I was following the Oliver pattern makers lathe. Also....machines that look good in pics with fresh paint from dealers...often are rough machines with a quick coat of paint and bad bearings, etc. I find my best luck buying from other woodworkers who ahve machines in use. Usually no broken parts, and 90 percent of the time they are somewhat honest about a machines faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Hussey View Post
    Thanks Will, the reality is I don’t need this saw. Would I like to have it, absolutely. So if I can pick it up for $750.00 I will get it. If not that’s ok too. Thanks for your input on it.
    If you don't need it the floor space might be worth more than the saw. Just passed on a fantastic deal on a shaper I don't need. I get tired of waxing cast iron table tops where machines don't get used...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    4 or 5 20” Deltas sold at auction today, all went for less than $400 and were in excellent condition. New tires, painted, etc, though 3 phase so tack on $200 for a VFD. An anomaly I think, and location location location, as this was in Indiana.
    I have to go pick my stuff up there next week.

I have a 20" Rockwell wood/metal variable speed bandsaw, powered by a 2 HP 1Ø TEFC motor,2-speed gear box, the foot pedal is how the speed is changed, it is not a brake.

View of the gear box, varidrive, motor.

Still not running but maybe soon, was a former educational machine circa 1976, if someone can get one at a reasonable price,go for it.