Thread: Floor level

Floor level

Today is the day my speedy 400 arrived I just about have it set up and ready to rock however one small thing I never anticipated I am now questioning,
    I assumed my speedy would have wheels and leveling screw legs, it appears to only have lockable wheels. My shop floor has a drain pan dead Center of the cement pad, so from all 4 corners of the cement pad there is a slight taper to the Center of the pad.
    When in place my speedy has approx 1” of slope from extreme left side of the unit and the extreme right side (maybe 1/2 to 3/4” max across the bed width). The machine doesn’t rock, it feels stable, just not level left to right. Is this anything to worry about? or could it cause any trouble with the gantry?

It probably won't matter if it's not level but I would still shim it up and level it.

Blog Entries
    It won't matter, but I use a small level on a LOT of things that aren't flat. Especially if I use my rotary. I guess you could get by without it, but it makes life way easier than eyeballing things. I'd make some doughnuts from plywood to get things close. (put wheel into center of doughnut to keep it from rolling off. Or just some oversized ply.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Thank you I will shim it, it is just a pain as one side is against a wall so to open the access door and clean the mirrors will be pain in the rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by jon stevenson View Post
    Thank you I will shim it, it is just a pain as one side is against a wall so to open the access door and clean the mirrors will be pain in the rear end.
    So you don't want to shim? Pour a new floor on top of the old and make it level.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yes I have thought of that, I managed to for it shimmed perfectly level across the width, and am maybe off upto 1/8” off front to back. So it’s pretty darn good now but yes I have thought of forming a small pad, I will see how it is first. I did end up talking to Trotec and they said it will work ok un-leveled but expect bearings and motors to have a shorter life cycle.