Thread: Potlatch/Moscow area turners....large maple tree

Potlatch/Moscow area turners....large maple tree

I have a niece who lives in Potlatch and she has a large maple tree she wants removed. I told her that I would see if there are some of you folks in the Potlatch/Moscow/Pullman area that might want the tree (either to buy, or get the wood in exchange for cleaning up). PM me if one or several of you are interested.

Thanks, Mike Ash

Quote Originally Posted by mike ash View Post
    I have a niece who lives in Potlatch and she has a large maple tree she wants removed. I told her that I would see if there are some of you folks in the Potlatch/Moscow/Pullman area that might want the tree (either to buy, or get the wood in exchange for cleaning up). PM me if one or several of you are interested.

Thanks, Mike Ash
    It might help someone decide to check further if you gave type of maple and the diameter and length of the clear log, and when the tree service is planning do drop it. Actually, circumference is easier to get than the diameter. Photos might be helpful. Also, those close enough be be interested might like to know if it's a yard tree (more likely to contain metal, at least in the first 5-6').

3EA3CB9A-7EE5-4C31-B41E-FA58B6DEAADA.jpg
    Good comments by John. Unfortunately I don’t have all the answers as I am 400 miles west!! . This is a photo of the tree. It is a yard tree. Description I have is that the tree came up a couple of feet and then developed 4 trunks each 12-14” diameter. That’s as good as I can do for you. If there is interest, I could provide location for an inspection.

Also, I've been informed that it is free of obstacles and buildings. However, as my experience with these things goes, it is ALWAYS good to visit a site before you tackle the project.
    Last edited by mike ash; 06-03-2019 at 12:57 PM.