Thread: Treasure box for Great Niece

Treasure box for Great Niece

I made another treasure box, this one for a Great Niece. Walnut , white oak and sycamore. A little inlay, a little carving. It sitting on one of my wife’s temperature blankets. We have a little bit of talent here and lots of fun.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Nice work, show us more of the top and inside. So is the great uncle going to put some treasure in it?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Nice work, show us more of the top and inside. So is the great uncle going to put some treasure in it?
    a few more photos as requested. Some treasures will be added before delivery.
    Thank you for the compliment.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Will be treasured. I'm guessing the end overlay is a whimsical tree....if it had some paint on it no one would have to
    wonder. I would even consider some discarded costume jewels as "fruit" .

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Will be treasured. I'm guessing the end overlay is a whimsical tree....if it had some paint on it no one would have to
    wonder. I would even consider some discarded costume jewels as "fruit" .
    your right Mel. It is a tree. It serves two purposes, decoration, and a gripping place. It looks better than iPhone pictures reveal. The leaves on the tree are stars made with a punch I filed. They are about 3/16 in size. Thanks
    Jim

A lovely gift James! That will be a very happy girl!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Those are wonderful boxes.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler