Thread: Braille translator

Braille translator

Good evening, I am looking for a braille translator. I use AI and run Aspire on my CNC. I don't want to give Enroute $100/mo for a job that happens twice per year at best. What options do I have? Thank you

How do you intend to produce Braille?
    The most popular means of creating braille on an ADA sign are rotary and laser engravers. It can be done on a CNC Router but it is not a very efficient technique. If you only make a few signs per you I expect a CNC router you already own is the best choice though.

Aaron Koehl has a braille script for Corel Draw that works perfectly and it is very fast but if you don't own Corel Draw that's not an option. If you own Corel I expect you can create braille in Corel and copy and paste it into Aspire or at least export/import the file.

Keith, why do you say that CNC is not very efficient in comparison?

In regards to Corel Draw, I will download the free trial and check it out. I am not in love with AI and am willing to change. Can you link me the download for the braille script?

Thank you

4. Quote Originally Posted by Roy Wheaton View Post
    Good evening, I am looking for a braille translator. I use AI and run Aspire on my CNC. I don't want to give Enroute $100/mo for a job that happens twice per year at best. What options do I have? Thank you
    Hi I am using brailletranslator.org

I don't know how i missed this post. The thread is the top one in this forum.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....-for-CorelDraw