Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip Blade

Rip Blade

Time for a new rip blade for my Sawstop. My default blade is from Ridge Carbide Tool. Are there other brands that I should investigate? I love Forrest for SCMS, but not a fan for table saw blades.

Blog Entries
    I have a 10" Tenryu Gold Medal thin kerf blade on my Delta tablesaw. It was sharpened one time and is an excellent blade.
    It is a combination blade.

3. I've been using a Woodworker II for about 18 months. I've been quite happy with it.

FSTools rip blade, works great, thick plate, large teeth......Rod

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I just last week installed a Freud 10" x 50T Combination Blade (LU84R011) and am so far very impressed. Ive only 'ripped' plywood with it

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Quattro View Post
    I just last week installed a Freud 10" x 50T Combination Blade (LU84R011) and am so far very impressed. Ive only 'ripped' plywood with it
    I would not recommend it as a ripping blade with 50 teeth though

I like Forrest blades and use Freud as well. My rip blades are 12" and I think have 20 teeth. With thinner stock you can get away with using a 30 tooth or even a 40 tooth 10" blade. But if your planning on running thicker stock..... less teeth is better.

good luck,
    JeffD

My dedicated rip blade is the Freud 10" Heavy Duty Rip, 24 teeth, 20 degree hook. Freud item # LM72R010I.

No effort is required to push the work through the cut -- seems as if the work self-feeds. Very smooth cut without any need to joint the edge
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 05-31-2019 at 7:55 PM.

I keep a Freud Combo blade on my TS most of the time. If I have some amount of ripping work, I switch to a Freud Glue Line Rip blade. It does a great job.

Not to hijack this thread, but, Ken, do you need a blade stabilizer with that thin kerf blade from Infinity?
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    While it looks very nice, it's my understanding that Sawstop doesn't recommend blades with Anti-Kickback shoulders.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but, Ken, do you need a blade stabilizer with that thin kerf blade from Infinity?

Steve, I use the full kerf version of that. Here's the number 010-024. I don't use any thin kerf blades.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have a 12” ridge carbide rip blade. I have to say, I might be in the camp of buying an inexpensive rip blade like the Freud. Save your money for crosscut blades.

I tried the Ridge and prefer the Infinity. The Ridge had one advantage - it has a few teeth cut square across so you get a flat bottom cut. But that doesn't mean much on most cuts.

I also have a Tenryu that I like.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Freud Glue Line Rip Blade fan here....full kerf.
    I seldom if ever rip anything over 1" thick so a full kerf works well on my 120 V contractor saw (Ridgid TS3660)
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...