Thread: What is this?

What is this?

Ive looked at this thing for longer than i care to admit, and i have no idea what it is or what it does. I dont intend on buying it, just curious what it does. Looks like it has a lot of pneumatic controls and is mildly complicated.

00909_jFOn1K2MMRj_1200x900.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    Ive looked at this thing for longer than i care to admit, and i have no idea what it is or what it does. I dont intend on buying it, just curious what it does. Looks like it has a lot of pneumatic controls and is mildly complicated.

00909_jFOn1K2MMRj_1200x900.jpg
    The rat goes in one side, attracted by the lure, and is electrocuted, freeze-dried, compressed and reprocessed into dog kibble. And you can watch it all in real time through the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    The rat goes in one side, attracted by the lure, and is electrocuted, freeze-dried, compressed and reprocessed into dog kibble. And you can watch it all in real time through the windows.
    Yes, I agree with Doug. It's a pneumatically controlled bandersnatch.

Ha, big fan of the jabberwacky as a kid, and that made me laugh. Whelp, now I have to buy it just to find out what the heck it is. If nothing else, I can have a sustained source of rat kibble for my bulldogs.

Can you post more pictures of it? Seeing it from different angles and maybe a view of the machine label might give us enough clues to identify it.

Charley

Looks like some kind of cutting machine. The two pneumatic/hydraulic actuators on either side look like they could hold a long piece of material - like steel tubing (doesn't look like it's setup for round...but hard to see) - there's another actuator for either feeding the material from left to right at the front or it's simply to open the door after the cycle is complete. It looks like there is a vertical spindle or hydraulic punch towards the left, behind the shroud.
    IBILD High Resolution 3D Scanning Services