Thread: Hardware store in Seattle

Hardware store in Seattle

Spent the long weekend visiting my daughter in Seattle. We happened to be in a hotel and I noticed a hardware store next door. Of course had to stop in. It’s Hardwick Hardware. One area in the front of the store was pretty devoted to hand tool work. A few vintage tools that were tempting.

I sure wish we had something like that in my area (or maybe not...might be tough on the wallet!). Over heard one of the sales folks saying they may be moving...taxes too high. A shame, but if it happens, understandable. I’m sure those of you in the area have spent some time there.

Blog Entries
    It would sure tempt me.

Did you see my post "Old Hardware Store Throwing in the Towel?"

The stuff that came home from there is why my wife wouldn't want to take a trip up to Seattle.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Hardwick's is an icon here in Seattle. They have been threatened by the rent environment for a long time. I go out of my way to buy there, just to support them. Since they also sell used bits, you can trade with them, which is a great benefit. They have a little of everything, from Starrett layout tools to vintage planes to new Japanese saws. Just don't plan to be in and out within 15 minutes, and you may want to bring a limited amount of cash and leave the credit card at home.