Thread: Finish Preference for 3D Work

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was not really asking for business advice, but we seem to have found a topic with many passionate views. I have a business I run, and have been doing so for 20+years. This is just something to pay for some upgrades, and because I enjoy it. The carvings is not something I expect to do much of, and is mainly to showcase what can be done. It is nice to have the machine running in the background when I am doing something else. That said, if the return rate on that time is too low I will stop as I am not giving away my time or materials or making something I cannot be proud of. I will have to go out and try selling some things and see the response once I have some pieces ready to the point I want. I am not in a hurry as there are other things first.

I have done a few more carvings since starting this thread, and concluded it is just going to take a lot more practice to get to the finish to where I want. I have a few now that are respectable, but when I compare them to some really nice carvings that I like, I think they are missing something. I have a stack of different ones to keep trying and I am certain I will figure it out since I am quite stubborn. It is great fun regardless and well outside my normal left brain comfort zone.
    Last edited by Brad Shipton; 06-12-2019 at 2:36 PM.