Quote Originally Posted by ken hatch View Post
James,

I did not post about the Moravian bench until someone else posted mostly because I figured you had already settled in on a Roubo. Like I have posted, I have a couple of Roubo style benches and they have served well and I expect they will continue to do so. That said, any new construction will be a Moravian because of its advantages of cost, ease of build, and of course ease of break down for moving and/or part replacement. Good luck on your build and keep the photos and posts coming as it progresses.

ken
Yeah, I was mostly answering John’s question of whether I’d considered Moravian or not, which I guess was a no until I was already too far in lol. I didn’t start this thread until the wood was cut, purchased and hanging out in my apartment. Wood aside though, I think the skill requirement is beyond me for the time being anyways.

I saw your build thread and am very aware of your position on the Moravian workbench haha. I’d definitely love to take a look at your stable of benches one of these days. Sorry this weekend didn’t work out, I only saw your PM Monday and I’m only off Saturdays and Tuesdays anyways. It looks like you’re pretty close though, I live downtown right by the art museum.

I think all my initial questions from this thread were answered. Once I get the base going I may update it with build pics and any new questions that arise. I should really get working on it though to clear up some space, finally have my bench at the right height and reclaim the use of my two sawhorses that are currently serving temporary base duties.