Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most commonly used bits

Quote Originally Posted by bobby milam View Post
    I needed to replace a couple of bits yesterday so went on Amazon and ordered a few cheap engraving bits for more detailed work, Got them in today and they look more like a needle than a router bit. We'll see if they hold up or break.
    I probably bought the same ones you did, two sets varying from 10 degrees to 30 with a .1mm tip. I have been using them with no issues for a few weeks now. Running them at 100 IPM in maple and walnut.

I tend to purchase Whiteside bits they seem to be top quality and the solid carbide ones are so sharp its scary. The 60 Deg ones leave a great finish on detail.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I have the Amana insert-based engraving cutter...very satisfied with it and there are a variety of "profiles" to match the job at hand. I most frequently keep the 30º v-pointed insert in it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

For a lower cost option, Yonico bits from Precisionbits.com are pretty good. Good selection, ships out fast, and shipping is free. Whiteside cut quality. Whiteside used to be the only brand I'd buy. I still buy them when I want a longer cut length, or when PrecisionBits doesn't have the bit I want, or the bit is out of stock.

Hartville Tool is a good internet source for Whiteside. Free shipping.

Gary

I've purchased the Yonico cutters off Amazon and have frankly been very pleased with them.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like to use Whiteside but I ordered a few Yonico bits tonight to give them a try. the price is good.