Thread: Young Hip and Disgusting

Blog Entries

Young Hip and Disgusting

Of course, someone does something, then posts it on social media and it becomes a trend. Hopefully this one doesn't last of make it into the mainstream:

https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/nos...nd-apparently/

It looks like people have spiders climbing out of their nostrils.

YUCK!!!

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Geesh Jim, where do you come up with this stuff??

I think you need to spend more time in the shop!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

My wife would say that is this case I'm ahead of the stying curve. The picture does remind me I have to do some trimming. Just sayin'.

-Tom

4. I call hoax

Looks like Gunter is mostly right. (Thank goodness!) Check out this little blurb on the history of nose hair extensions. LINK
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 05-28-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Geesh Jim, where do you come up with this stuff??

I think you need to spend more time in the shop!
    My wife sent it to me. Sometimes it is to my regret having gotten her an iPad when buying my current computer.

My shop time should be expanded. My biggest wish would be to get the wife off the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Günter VögelBerg View Post
    I call hoax
    Good call Günter!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Looks like Gunter is mostly right. (Thank goodness!) Check out this little blurb on the history of nose hair extensions. LINK
    Thanks for the link Fred.

Would it be possible to develop an application that could work in the background with a browser and flash a big question mark over online bull pucky?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Yeah, "publicity stunt". Look at shape of her mouth in the last pic, it's just as bizarre as the nose lint filter.

Blog Entries
    I'm sending that link to my wife. She's always on my case about nose hair.

Blog Entries
    I remember an interview in which Dustin Hoffman was asked about advice given him by older actors. He related that Alex Guinness advised him to keep his nose hair trimmed at all times. Given Hoffman's proboscis, that was good advice indeed.

Years ago, when I was working at a computer shop, I helped an older gentleman who had a full gray beard and mustache. His nose hair grew straight out of his nose and into his mustache - You couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It was all I could do not to stare at his face - I had to stare at the work order I was writing as I talked to him.

Blog Entries
    It reminds me of Bob Uecker's colorful description of a player coming to bat in Major League, "he leads the league in most offensive categories including nose hair."

jtk

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Meyer View Post
    Years ago, when I was working at a computer shop, I helped an older gentleman who had a full gray beard and mustache. His nose hair grew straight out of his nose and into his mustache - You couldn't tell where one ended and the other began. It was all I could do not to stare at his face - I had to stare at the work order I was writing as I talked to him.
    Thanks for sharing!

Girls you'd take fly fishing?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Girls you'd take fly fishing?
    HAHA! There's a visual.