Thread: High Efficiency Dust Separator

High Efficiency Dust Separator

Maybe I am late to the game but found this on-line looking for a new shop vac.
    Thoughts vs others on the market?
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/High-Eff...HD12/302643445

multi-wet-dry-vacuums-hd12-64_1000.jpg
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Maybe I am late to the game....
    A little late. A Recent Thread with last post last night, or early this morning.

Blog Entries
    I'd spend just a little more for a Dust Deputy or one of the similar cyclone separators. You'll get far better performance.

I have not had a good experience with the Dust Stopper. I found that it does not handle large chips well; they clog the baffle easily, which then compromises the shop vac filter.

I used it as a dedicated sanding preseparator, and it also proved ineffective; almost as ineffective as using nothing at all between the sander and shop vac.

The lid is also hard to get on and off.

I've tried the Dust Deputy, Clearvue Mini and even the cheap imitation of the Dust Deputy available on *bay.

For my money, the best of the lot is the Dust Deputy. It has a lower profile than the Clearvue - which is critical in keeping your preseparator from tipping over. The CV otherwise works just fine. The imitation version required some couplers on both ends which in the end made it cost the same as the DD.

I also have the Super Dust Deputy as well as an Oneida cyclone dust collector. Both are fantastic and perform as advertised.

There are a lot of cheaper solutions than Oneida, but in my experience, they have all been compromises.