Thread: I need some help positioning my dust collection drop b/c router insert

I need some help positioning my dust collection drop b/c router insert

So... I walk mounted my delta dust collection (1.5hp), added Wynn filter, and added Super Dust Deputy. The outlet is a 5inch, so I will run a 5 inch main.

My problem, is that my table saw sits in the middle of the room. I see that most recommend the drop from the ceiling to come down the back, right side by the outfield table. I think I made a design mistake, but I added a router plate into my table saw. A drop in that location would probably get in the way when routing. I could run a pipe across the floor, but would like to avoid it if possible.

Does anyone have any experience like this or have any suggestions? I am paralyzed.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Also, 5 inch main and 5 inch drops to 4 inch flex hose, or 4 inch drops off the main?

In my shop I built an assembly table attached to my TS with the router wing. I didn’t want anything hanging or had room under the floor so I ran 2 DC lines, one for the TS and one for the router. I have a flex hose and move it to each machine as needed. Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Don

I have a 1.5 Jet DC that I feed through 5" metal ducting. I also have a router table in the right end of my Sawstop cabinet saw. My saw is located about 7' from a vertical wall drop, so I run a flexible 4" hose to the base of the saw. I move this hose when using the router.

If you need to bring your ducting across the ceiling, you might want to think about doing something similar to the video below. I am actually in the process of doing this to try and get a little overhead dust collection when using my cross cut sled.

This setup would allow you to move the main trunk out of the way when using the router table.

Just a thought.

Here's part One