Thread: What to do with Spanish cedar scraps?

What to do with Spanish cedar scraps?

If this stuff didnt cost $7.99/bdft I wouldn't care so much. Perhaps I still shouldn't. I only have 2 thoughts that don't involve the fire pit.

1) Make a ton of pen blanks and try to sell them.
    2) Start gluing them together and end up with a whatever kind of turning blank becomes of it.

Am I just hoarding worthless crap at this point or does someone have a creative idea for it?

20190526_130526.jpg
    20190526_130600.jpg

Happy to take it off your hands or at least some of it. Not sure what I’ll do with it but I’m a bit of a wood hoarder. Will PM with a proposal.

Doug,,,Where are you and would you like some African Mahogany offcuts?
    Tom

Yes most certainly. I will PM you.

Yeah,it sucks realizing how much something actually costs, and trying to find something to re-purpose it for. I had some Spanish cedar laying about the shop for many years. It was left over from a tack trunk project I did, that lined the entire interior of a tack trunk with 1/8" thick re-sawn Spanish cedar.

Lightly sand them and put them in dresser drawers.
    I lined the drawers in an old Stickley Dresser I picked up with the Spanish cedar left over from the tack trunk project. We also have these Spanish Cedar blocks, about the size and shape of a bar of soap, in our closets.
    The aroma is not a strong and pungent as eastern red cedar.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 05-29-2019 at 9:15 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Costa View Post
    If this stuff didnt cost $7.99/bdft I wouldn't care so much. Perhaps I still shouldn't. I only have 2 thoughts that don't involve the fire pit.

1) Make a ton of pen blanks and try to sell them.
    2) Start gluing them together and end up with a whatever kind of turning blank becomes of it.

Am I just hoarding worthless crap at this point or does someone have a creative idea for it?

20190526_130526.jpg
    20190526_130600.jpg
    Good for making cigar humidors. People pay big bucks for them, done up properly (i.e. if they seal well and look good, which most of the cheap ones don't and don't.)