Thread: Welcome back

Welcome back

Hi all

Just recently rejoined wordworking community. Moved from 3.5 car garage where half was my permanent shop to all must be mobile and able to store out of sight. I love where I live but the small space creates a new set of challenges.

Andrew

Don't leave us hanging. How did you overcome those small space challenges?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Welcome back Andrew!

BTW, hand tools are an excellent way to overcome small space challenges! Go visit the Neander forum here....
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

So far, recently sold my Jet with cast iron wings contractor saw. Replaced with Dewalt jobsite saw. I'll have to do a review. It is certainly not as much saw but it is really nice to be able to get back to wood work. My plan is to use a pair of block and tackle and hoist the saw into the garage rafters when not in use. Then, double secure it so I don't form a road-runner anvil scene.

BoxJointTrikeBox.jpg Here is an old project photo.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing more of your (latest) work!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”