Thread: Bench Dog Miter-Loc 360 Miter Gauge?

Bench Dog Miter-Loc 360 Miter Gauge?

Does anyone here have one of these, or even remember it?

I just bought one at an estate sale last week, and there seems to be hardly anything about them to be found on the web. Bench Dog doesn’t really seem to exist as a company any more, just as a brand name owned by Rockler.

The distinguishing feature of this miter gauge is that the head (and fence) rotates 360 degrees, not limited to plus or minus 45 degrees or so as most are.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I finally found a little about this miter gauge. Popular Woodworking in December 2001 featured it as one of the "15 Best New Tools of 2001". Some of their comments: "built more like a surgical tool than a miter gauge", "built mostly from stainless steel, machined to perfection", "At around $250 it's one of the more expensive miter gauges available", and "But if your shop demands the best, this is a Land Rover." They describe it as the MLF360, rather than the Miter-Loc 360 as mine is marked, but the one they show looks identical. So at least I now know its age, its original price, and that it is probably as high quality as it appears to be. (I haven't had occasion to try it out yet.)