Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: That once used tool.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I also bought a Fein and yes, it was high. But good quality. KJ
    Yes, the quality is very good & the thing is a pleasure to use.

Ken, mine is the Veritas Mk.II power sharpening system. I Bought it with most of the bells & whistles 10-15 years ago. It sits in a cabinet; I have used it maybe 3-4 times.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Ken can I twist the original intent of this thread just slightly ? I have a tool that for sure I bought and have never used. It is a mortising attachment for my drill press,I tried to set it up once and realized that I did not have chisels,that was about 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    Ken can I twist the original intent of this thread just slightly ? I have a tool that for sure I bought and have never used. It is a mortising attachment for my drill press,I tried to set it up once and realized that I did not have chisels,that was about 20 years ago.
    I had one of those, but even though it came with a set of chisels I decided after a decade or so in the box I was more interested in woodturning than making furniture and gave it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Ken, mine is the Veritas Mk.II power sharpening system. I Bought it with most of the bells & whistles 10-15 years ago. It sits in a cabinet; I have used it maybe 3-4 times.
    Bruce
    Is there a reason you don't use it? I also have the Veritas MKII, and have basically used it to the point it is now worn out.
    You can put a wicked nasty edge on a chisel, or plane iron, with one.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Bruce
    Is there a reason you don't use it? I also have the Veritas MKII, and have basically used it to the point it is now worn out.
    You can put a wicked nasty edge on a chisel, or plane iron, with one.
    Yes, the MkII is very nice - typical LV high quality. When I bought it I was trying to force myself to become more Neander. It turns out that I'm 95% a machine tool guy. I tried to sell it once here, but didn't see much response.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney