Thread: I Love This Forum

I Love This Forum

Fellow Sawmill Creekers,

I've been spending a bit more time in my shop lately - Cleaning up, tuning machines, (and building a few things ). As a result I've been spending a bit of time in this forum as well.

I'm very impressed with everyone's approach to sharing information. With very few exceptions, everyone's comments are positive, helpful and non-judgemental. There is a wealth of information here.

I use another forum unrelated to woodworking. It's amazing how negative the regulars in that forum are - attacking one another, dragging in politics, etc. I've stopped going there as a result.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors and keep up the great feel of this forum!

Cheers,
    Mark

Welcome Mark. We're glad you're here and that you "get it". This is a great place to learn.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

ditto what Fred said. Stick around and share what you make, ask questions, learn something and get in on the "Best way to sharpen anything in the world" rants.

The demeanor of these SMC forums didn't get that way by accident. We have some good moderators who do their best to keep things pleasant and on topic.

I agree with all above, and well worth the pittance to be a contributor. Thanks Moderators!

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hockenberg View Post
    Fellow Sawmill Creekers,

I've been spending a bit more time in my shop lately - Cleaning up, tuning machines, (and building a few things ). As a result I've been spending a bit of time in this forum as well.

I'm very impressed with everyone's approach to sharing information. With very few exceptions, everyone's comments are positive, helpful and non-judgemental. There is a wealth of information here.

I use another forum unrelated to woodworking. It's amazing how negative the regulars in that forum are - attacking one another, dragging in politics, etc. I've stopped going there as a result.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors and keep up the great feel of this forum!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Welcome to the Creek Mark! It's the atmosphere and the information that in a collaboration with the Moderators and Administrators that produce that which we all enjoy.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Welcome Mark. There is always room for one more woodworker here at the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fretheim View Post
    I agree with all above, and well worth the pittance to be a contributor. Thanks Moderators!

Marty
    I couldn't agree more! So much in fact that I actually sent $10 instead of $6. The wonderful advise on SMC has certainly saved me more $ than that.

Welcome. I'm glad you recognize what a special place the creek is and even more glad that you chose to become a contributor. Thank you.

Mark, welcome this forum is a great place to learn. Folks here always have good suggestions for problems.