Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly GO632 Issue

1. Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walters View Post
    Roger,
    Would I still need to get the bango drilled out to 1” on the 733?
    Jeff
    That is something you can do yourself with a 1” twist bit, some oil to lubricate and a hand drill....easy peasy!

I know they changed the G0766 banjo to a 1” hole.......not sure if they did the same for the G0733, but a 25mm hole only needs about .016 drilled out.....as I said, easy to do. Clamp the banjo to the bed, lubricate the hole, and with the bit slowly turning, enter the hole, and then speed up the bit. It would be easier on a drill press with the banjo locked on the table.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I had the predecessor of the G0733, the G0698 18/47 lathe, and sold it to the turning club......still going strong after 10 years of heavy usage...not a single problem with it whatsoever! I have friends who have the upgraded G0733, and have had no issues either...It’s a fine machine. The better bang for the buck is the 22/42 G0766.....I have one and the only thing I’ve done is replace the potentiometer after 3 years of pretty heavy use. Just fyi.....I don’t think you’d regret either the 0733 or 0766. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think the G0733 and G0766 are manufactured by a different company for Grizzly than the G0632. Tech support could tell you for certain.
    Good to know as both are on my short list for a new lathe!

In response to earlier question, yes, the G0733 and G0766 are built in a different plant than the OP's lathe.

The G0733 seems like a heck of a deal with $400 off through September.
    Last edited by Chris Hachet; 06-06-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Hi All,
    First off let me start by saying Thank You to everyone who responded with helpful ideas. I tried the shims but they did not hold. So I went for broke and tried brazing but just messed it up and made it worse. So I decided to just call Grizzly and get a new tailstock. The new one was a very tight fit and required a little filing but now works beautifully. So everything is fine now. As a matter of fact I got a great deal on a Nova DVR XP with all new electronics so I informed our club that I will have the Grizzly for sale in the next week or so. It has been a learning experience.
    Jeff

Now you have a good lathe that all you had to do was replace the banjo, digital readout and the tail stock. Fingers crossed on the headstock, bed and motor! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Now you have a good lathe that all you had to do was replace the banjo, digital readout and the tail stock. Fingers crossed on the headstock, bed and motor! LOL
    No Kidding.