Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large bandsaw fence suggestions needed

Ryan, thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into the Driftmaster but that fence would cost about the same as the whole saw.

Tom - What fence is that? And I’m don’t speak German. Lol

Hey Matt,I also had a bandsaw fence made from an old Unifence. It works excellent for a bandsaw,the high and low option and adjustments it offers work very well. if you are mounting this on your Centauro CO 600 you would have to use a spacer to enable changing blades.

That is a Felder saw Matt.
    Don't know if you can get a spare from Felder, but it looks like a most versatile design, and looks a lot more easily sorted than the round style rails on other Italian saws.
    Do you have a fence rail on your machine?
    On the Centauro's I've seen, they have the same flat bar fence rails as in the video, and to my mind would be worth having a system that utilises it.
    Not just for keeping the machine in more original spec, but for utilising those ideas.
    Looking back, that's what I would have done in hindsight, instead of making a bracket for the round rail on my machine.
    A perfect example of wanting something more impractical because it looks nicer
    I wouldn't do it again I tell ya.

I use my tablesaw as the outfeed table in my small shop, but I wouldn't mind having a bridge between them, and the case could be made for
    the flat rail design used for affixing other fences for resawing logs easier.

Just my 2 cents
    Good luck with the machine.
    Tom

I like this fence on my Grizzly fence. I don't know how big your table is.
    https://www.grizzly.com/products/Gri...or-G0514/H7589

Thanks for the link Cary. The table is 26” x 26”.

I have the G0514 and the fence would work but would be a bit small. The table is a little under 20" wide and the cast iron part of the fence is a little over 20". The aluminum resaw fence is over 25" so with it installed it would work fine. The right side of the fence isn't really used. The cast iron fence has a plastic adjustable spacer that rides on top of the aluminum tube on the right side. You would have to remove the plastic spacer and the fence would just sit on your saw's table (and not use the aluminum tube).

Over all the fence is pretty good but there's a few minor things I would like Grizzly to change. First the locking handle when released sticks up and if you have a piece of wood against the fence that's sticks off the table the handle will be in the way. If you use a tape measure to set up the fence it's not a problem. It hasn't been much of an issue yet but I'll probably modify it. The other issue is the tape measure on the fence. It's set up for just using the fence. Once you add the resaw attachment to the fence it's pointless. I'm not one who uses the tape measure on fences but if you do it would be an issue.

It wouldn't be hard for Grizzly to fix. Grizzly simply could have skipped putting metric measurements on the tape and replaced it with the correctly offset inch markings. Or if you look at the fence the round circle on the fence is a magnifying glass. If they extended the aluminum to the right of it they could have made it so that edge would be the marker for when the resaw fence is attached. Again, minor but with just a little more thought could have been that much better. What I'm going to do is add an adjustable pointer if I ever decide to start using the fence mounted tape measure.