Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK, Old dog woodworkers

Lowell; imo, it matters naught after your dead and buried in the ground.
    Last edited by Stewie Simpson; 06-01-2019 at 7:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    It will not matter any more, but I don't want my wife to have to deal with it.
    A simple inventory would allow her to know how to dispose of them and not worry about it.
    OBTW, I am in good health and don't expect to depart any time soon.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 06-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    I'm going to say two things that are not going to be well received, and probably denied outright.......
    +1, excellent advice here. The one thing I might add is that it is far less stressful for your grieving survivors/heirs to follow instructions as opposed to making decisions, especially if those decisions involve unfamiliar subjects..

It would take me at least a year to inventory tools, if I didn't have anything else to do. I haven't stopped buying tools for 45 years. Then there is also the lifetime collection of a machinist friend that left them to me. I haven't even moved that stuff here yet. I don't consider them an investment, but use them for income producing work.

I asked my Wife if she would like for me to stop working, and inventory tools, or keep making money. She said the inventory can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    It will not matter any more, but I don't want my wife to have to deal with it.
    A simple inventory would allow her to know how to dispose of them and not worry about it.
    OBTW, I am in good health and don't expect to depart any time soon.
    lowell, I believe the on-line auction would be the easiest and fastest route for your wife. She would get maybe 70% of the true value of your tools and materials but that value would be true and her efforts would be quite minimal .. and so would yours.

I bought my tools for me to use and enjoy. They will go to my daughter and SIL. Many have already gone. They know that most all I have is the good stuff. The tools will be theirs to do what they please. I won't be worrying about the tools anymore. No sharpening, rust protecting loosing or any of that. I'll have a new set of the best that never dulls, rusts or gets lost and have every tool I need or ever needed right there when I need it. I'll also have an endless supply of the best materials.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    By the way, I just laughed at myself because when I read "Old dog woodworkers" I immediately felt it pertained to me. I don't know what that says about my perception of myself. :-)
    Malcom, I think that classifies you as self aware

Regards, Rod