Quote Originally Posted by Brian Steinberger View Post
Hi everyone, first thread here for me. I've been air drying a stack of 4/4 eastern white pine on my back porch which has a roof. It's been drying since February. Tonight we got some wicked storms and the rain blew in and soaked the end 2/3 of the stack (from the end grain of the stack inward). This is the first time it's been soaked. Do I need to worry? I know it will dry out but I'm a little worried about the blue stain forming. From now on I will rig up a tarp to put on the end of the stack when they're calling for severe storms.

Thanks everyone!
I don't have much experience with drying white pine for pretty, most of what I've milled went into horse stalls, barn shelves and such. But stickered since February I suspect it will be dry enough inside to be past the staining stage, at least in this part of the country. I've had plenty of other species dampened by rain in high winds and they never seemed to be affected - I don't think the water penetrates very far into the wood and dries quickly. You might search the Knowledge Base on the Woodweb and/or ask there too.

JKJ