Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Shaker Humidor Console

  1. #1

    Shaker Humidor Console

    Although the Shakers were tobacco users, I don't believe they were cigar smokers. But if they were, I bet we might see a piece like this at one of the Shaker villages back in the day. Cherry/spanish cedar/ebony. OSMO Polyx hard wax oil finish. Hand cut DTs and M&Ts. Its a little easier to see the curved drawer front and top when you click on the individual thumbnail pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    South West Ontario
    Posts
    871
    I think the Shakers were clay pipe smokers if anything, but then they did not have coffee tables either. I built a ‘Shaker’ coffee table under the same premise, if they had had coffee......
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Simsbury, CT
    Posts
    234
    Nice work, Phil, that top is stunning. Where’d you find that wood, the place in Enfield?

    Thanks for sharing, have a great summer.

    Kevin

  4. #4
    Kevin: Thanks! The top was interestingly enough given to me as a gift for buying a SawStop: can't recall the vendor, but it was online and they offered a $100 of free merchandise: I chose the curly cherry. I am trying to enjoy every last drop of Spring before I get to Summer! Best Phil



    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Adams View Post
    Nice work, Phil, that top is stunning. Where’d you find that wood, the place in Enfield?

    Thanks for sharing, have a great summer.

    Kevin

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    592
    Give that man a ceegar! Nicely done - top is beautiful. And I like what I think is a fixed false top that seals the drawer when it's shut. Nice way to solve the humidification problem with drawers. Spanish cedar liner? Workmanship is great, and the curved front is subtle and very nice. Back in 99 I bought the first 300M that was available. Took it home and lined the glove box with Spanish cedar. Can't have too many humidors.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    19,655
    That is a sweet little table. The violin tuner peg as a pull is a visual treat. Nicely done. Is the false front being spaced away from the drawer box something to do with it being a humidor?
    Buy a man a plane ticket and he’ll fly for a day.
    Push a man out of a plane
    and he’ll fly for the rest of his life.

  7. #7
    Appreicate the kind words! Wait: a glove box humidor: Brilliant! By the way, the drawer box is solid Spanish cedar: no liner involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Carey View Post
    Give that man a ceegar! Nicely done - top is beautiful. And I like what I think is a fixed false top that seals the drawer when it's shut. Nice way to solve the humidification problem with drawers. Spanish cedar liner? Workmanship is great, and the curved front is subtle and very nice. Back in 99 I bought the first 300M that was available. Took it home and lined the glove box with Spanish cedar. Can't have too many humidors.

  8. #8
    Thanks! Gap is exactly that: cherry false front wants to live at ambient RH of around 45% while the spanish cedar drawer front is living at a much higher RH. The gap allows for air circulation so the two panels can co-exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    That is a sweet little table. The violin tuner peg as a pull is a visual treat. Nicely done. Is the false front being spaced away from the drawer box something to do with it being a humidor?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •