Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Festool Domino 700 series / and vacumn

Festool Domino 700 series / and vacumn

So if one drinks the Koolaide , what vac would one get to go along with the 700 series Domino?

If you're going to use it in your shop, not on the job, I'd just hook my shop vac to it.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

It will be a job site tool, so it will need a vacumn to travel with it.

The 700 will not produce tons of sawdust..I'd bet any of them would be adequate..but down the road, what else would you add & need a vac to accomodate?
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I really like tool-triggered vacs. That is, the vac automatically turns on any time you pull the trigger on the tool. If you're inserting a lot of dominos, you're probably turning the tool on and off a lot as you reposition it. Another good thing to look for is a flexible vacuum hose. You're moving the tool around a lot, and it is aggravating if the hose is steering the tool. "Flexible hose" usually translates to "smaller diameter"; a 2 1/2" shop vac hose is too stiff.

I have a Festool CT mini vac hooked up to my SCMS and it does a pretty good job, and is pretty small. Would work well with the Domino 700.

But that would mean REALLY drinking the Koolaid. It's a slippery slope.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    I hook mine up to a $99 ridgid vac. Works great.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty saturated with Koolaid. The Festool CT26 is a great vacuum, and after experiencing the dust extraction with their sanders, routers, and domino, I wouldn't be without it. If you've not bought the domino yet, I believe Festool dealers offer a bundle discount for buying both at the same time...

Mike

Looking at this set up. Do you have the 500 or 700 series?

D7B4374C-A194-41AA-8889-B6B24B7E32F6.jpg

Where getting it for a White Oak job , mitered casing , thinking the 500 would be better for trim/ cabinet work and the 700 more for gate and door building?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    I'm pretty saturated with Koolaid. The Festool CT26 is a great vacuum, and after experiencing the dust extraction with their sanders, routers, and domino, I wouldn't be without it. If you've not bought the domino yet, I believe Festool dealers offer a bundle discount for buying both at the same time...

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Girouard; 05-19-2019 at 2:55 PM.

Not sure why the photo won’t show up ?? 39CCCAC4-6E2D-429E-8C67-E73517F9E71D.jpg

11. I have the 700 and use it with the Festool Midi. Not so big as the 26 but holds a fair amount. The tool triggered switch is a must have for me, just makes life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Looking at this set up. Do you have the 500 or 700 series?

D7B4374C-A194-41AA-8889-B6B24B7E32F6.jpg

Where getting it for a White Oak job , mitered casing , thinking the 500 would be better for trim/ cabinet work and the 700 more for gate and door building?

Thoughts?
    700 has a conversion kit allowing you to use the smaller cutterheads. So 700 is more versatile. But it costs a lot more, too.

Personally, I would get the 700. I have the smaller domino, and I like it. But for beds, doors, etc I wish I had the 700.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    700 has a conversion kit allowing you to use the smaller cutterheads. So 700 is more versatile. But it costs a lot more, too.

Personally, I would get the 700. I have the smaller domino, and I like it. But for beds, doors, etc I wish I had the 700.
    This..

I have the 700 with the senica adaptor, 4mm to 14mm dominos. I see no real need for the 500 when one can do the job of both.
    Last edited by Jared Sankovich; 05-19-2019 at 4:08 PM.

Domino clears pretty well from the way the port is designed, so even a small extractor should do a reasonably good job with it. I personally use my Festool CT26, but know that even the small Ridgid vacs I have around for cleanup would do the job with the proper Festool hose used. The advantage to "the system" is that the vac is keyed on with the tool and there are advantages with portability when the vac and the systainers can lock together for transport. But if you feel more inclined for a different brand of extractor...no problem. It's more about the hose as I noted.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    This..

I have the 700 with the senica adaptor, 4mm to 14mm dominos. I see no real need for the 500 when one can do the job of both.

There’s a few reasons , my two subs who started the trim out had to move to other projects , we are blessed currently with to much work all in the same phase of construction, trim
    out.So they had to go to other projects.
    They both had Dominos and we’ve started that way so I’d like to carry that thru this project.

It’s all Rift saw. White Oak , pre finished . The side trim is net 2 1/2” wide , the head trim
    us net 3 1/2” wide so odd mitered a 55 and 35 . Yes this is odd , but whstbthe architect and client want.

2 1/2” is minimal for biscuits , easy to run the cut out of the miter and biscuits really aren’t that good at alignment.

pocket screws would be hard to control the meters being drug past perfect alignment for the miter , there’s no shoulder like in your photo.

The Domino should / has aligned the faces quite well so why change now? To something that won’t work as well.