So, busy making the new shop furniture, and I'm building a large cabinet to house previously built drawers that used to sit under my contractors saw.

The table carcass is finished, and is large (71"L x 26" deep), and when I put it on its casters, is now about 1.5mm too tall. A tiny amount, you think, but it sits on the left side of the saw, and would really screw up long pieces of wood going through the saw. So it must be decreased in height.

It's made of 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood.

Unfortunately, it's just wider than my wide-belt (24" capacity), and is too long to safely dealt with in other ways.

What's the best way for me to get 1.5mm off of its thickness and keep it flat? It is not light, to say the least, and is very bulky.

I've thought of taking the table apart and asking my local wood supplier if I can run the top through their wide belt (an imposition, but they'll likely say yes). I would have to sand the paint off the top to not gum up their belt (which I will do).

Any other thoughts on doing this in house. Not really looking forward to the prospect of hand planing a top that large, plus keeping it flat could be an issue, plus planing plywood??