Thread: Shaker End Tables

Shaker End Tables

Just finished a pair of classic design Shaker end tables. Top and legs cherry, draw bored mortice and tenon. The drawer front is spalted wormy maple, five half blind dovetails. The drawer back three through dovetails. Drawer stop mechanism at back of drawer. Built to last 100 years.
    The finish is two coats of smoking hot BLO and one coat of Tung oil over three days. The build is on the Neanderthal forum for anyone interested.

5594D074-981B-4CF0-ACD1-B597D88F4E3F.jpg DFBCF376-0193-4724-8A4D-DCD149067F34.jpg
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Nice tables, William. It's kind of hard to tell from the photos .. do the faces of the drawers have open worm holes or did you fill them ? Either way, it's an interesting look .. a real conversation starter.

Yonak, yes I did fill the holes with West epoxy mixed with 1/4 tsp of bronze powder. Before I could fill them I had to use a point and compressed air to blow out the worm dust. Not as lengthy as I feared it would be. It took two rounds pushing in the epoxy with a spatula 15 minutes apart.

Enjoying the pictures William, thanks for posting.

Turned out very nice, William. Followed along over at Neander. Don’t. you know that you are supposed to include a picture of the drawer front dovetails. Otherwise, didn’t happen.

Thought I had posted one on the build!
    0D0D69FD-743B-4BBD-9B2E-9EAE32B089F2.jpg
    This was during the fitting process!