Thread: Fuji T70 Pressure Tube Removal

Fuji T70 Pressure Tube Removal

I'm trying to prepare my Fuji T70 gun for connection to my pressure pot and I can't for the life of me remove the pressure tube that connects to the gun. Its on there extremely tight and as it sits on the nipple you can see the tube is expanded so its really hard to pull off, especially since its relatively short and slippery.

What's the best way to do this without damaging the tube or the nipple?

IMG_3228.jpg

Blog Entries
    Just pull harder.

If you flip the valve it works with the remote pot

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Just pull harder.

If you flip the valve it works with the remote pot
    Trust me, I tried pulling very hard. What do you mean by "flip the valve it works with the remote pot"? This is the pressure tube on my gun.

cut it.
    Bil lD

Cut or praise off with flat head screwdriver. Tube is a consumable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Przybylski View Post
    Trust me, I tried pulling very hard. What do you mean by "flip the valve it works with the remote pot"? This is the pressure tube on my gun.
    That line has a one way valve. You need to fully detach it and then connect the cup end back to the gun to block the port. Basically you just need to block the port to keep from losing air.

I have the t70 gun with a remote pot

Put the whole thing in a tub of very hot water. The tube will soften and pull off. Twist it a bit as you pull.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

I should have added that I don't want to damage the tube as its a brand new gun and i'm hoping to salvage it for later reuse. I'm going to try using a heat gun on it today but I'll also be calling Fuji before I do anything and see what they suggest.

Closing the loop here, spoke to Fuji today and they suggested cutting it to get it off. I'm trying to preserve it as its a brand new tube so before doing so I'm going to try and use a heat gun on it to make the rubber a bit more pliable with the hopes of getting it off without damaging it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Przybylski View Post
    I should have added that I don't want to damage the tube as its a brand new gun and i'm hoping to salvage it for later reuse. I'm going to try using a heat gun on it today but I'll also be calling Fuji before I do anything and see what they suggest.
    After seeing the pic, why are trying to remove the short hose on the gun? It needs a plug/cap or the valve to function when you dont have the cup connected.

Also Buy a 5 pack of the hoses. They are intended to be disposable once they clog up with paint.
    Last edited by Jared Sankovich; 05-17-2019 at 4:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sankovich View Post
    Buy a 5 pack. They are intended to be disposable once they clog up.
    Completely understandable, but this one was never used and brand new so I didn't want to waste it. I know they are only like $20 for a 5 pack, but i don't like wasting brand new things that's still $4 thrown down the drain.

No offense, and I get not wanting to waste stuff, but you've probably spent much more that $4 in time on this already.

Quote Originally Posted by richard newman View Post
    No offense, and I get not wanting to waste stuff, but you've probably spent much more that $4 in time on this already.
    lol, none taken, and you're probably right, but i was able to take a heat gun to it to loosen it up and came right off. its reusable for the next time and I'm all set