Thread: Vintage Grips Rite Right Angle Head Adapter Drill Attachment & Supreme Chuck

Vintage Grips Rite Right Angle Head Adapter Drill Attachment & Supreme Chuck

Hello. I meandered over from the Sawmill Creek's knuckle draggers. I picked up a box of tools off CL. Got a horsehair brush and a few other nice things. Among them was this vintage Grips Rite Right Angle Head Adapter Drill Attachment & Supreme Chuck - PAT. No. D162877. Nice attachment for the drill press. With the fins, seems made for the hand which I find strange. The shank has three flats which works for the jaws of a drill press. I find next to nothing on the internet about it (usually not a good sign). Anyone seen this model of right angle drill attachment before?

IMG_3397.jpg IMG_3369.jpg IMG_3368.jpg
    IMG_3363.jpg IMG_3364.jpg IMG_3398.jpg

Why are you assuming it's for a drill press?

Hi Kurtis,
    What you have here is a right angle attachment for an electric hand drill (not drill press). This is intended to convert your straight drill to a right angle drill. The ribs on the ball end are for your fingers, as you have suggested. I have several smaller versions (different brands) that do come in handy at times.
    David

(This one sold on Ebay about 3 years ago for $21.95)

Vintage-Grips-Rite-Right-Angle-Head-Adapter-Drill.jpg
    Last edited by David Buchhauser; 05-16-2019 at 5:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Jensen View Post
    Why are you assuming it's for a drill press?
    Umm, I’m not. I’m assuming it’s either for a DRILL or a pneumatic tool of some sort. I have zero experience with pneumatic tools however. It sure seems to work fine on my drill press though, which is handy for sure. The reason I posted is I want to know the thoughts of others. Do YOU have something you’d like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Hi Kurtis,
    What you have here is a right angle attachment for an electric hand drill (not drill press). This is intended to convert your straight drill to a right angle drill. The ribs on the ball end are for your fingers, as you have suggested. I have several smaller versions (different brands) that do come in handy at times.
    David

(This one sold on Ebay about 3 years ago for $21.95)

Vintage-Grips-Rite-Right-Angle-Head-Adapter-Drill.jpg
    Okay, that’s where my brain went with it. Cool! Thanks for the info!