Thread: JPEG Issues

JPEG Issues

I just recently got a 50 BEC 50 watt fiber laser and I am in middle of getting the EZCad figured out. I have a jpeg file that doesn't import into the EZCad very well but will import into my other programs just fine, I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions?

20190516_135956_001_resized.jpg20190516_141830_resized.jpg Where did the text and deer head go and how can I get it back?

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

it came in inverted, or EZcad inverted it-- on the left of the screen are the photo adjustment options, you have to select the pic to make them alive--- one option is invert- I'm looking at my OLD ezcad so it may be different, but if there's an 'extend' button, it's an 'extended' menu button to verify your selections--

IF you find the machine is engraving too much white space, go into the lower 'scan' -extend menu, you should find a grayscale adjustment screen-- I honestly have no idea what most of the functions, BUT, the 'disable low mark gray point' function is this: change the 0 number to 10 or 20 or whatever, it basically corresponds to the percentage of black that the laser will NOT engrave, leaving what should be un-engraved space un-engraved

adjust as needed--

I've made great pics, and horrible pics with the fiber... lack of playtime (and paying photo jobs) means I've had very little practice...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'd convert it to vector and roll on. That scene with the oval and trees on the left is from a well known vector art company. Looks like it's big enough to get a good trace from. I'd auto-trace it and engrave it as vector.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I hit the invert button and that helped but I still have no text or rack. I tried converting to a vector and still no success. I brought the jpeg into Corel draw and did a save as and ai file without any success, I tried multiple .ai versions without getting anywhere. Any ideas?
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

weird how it only inverted part of the image, the rack is (in)visible within the oval outline, so it's all there--

Just take the original image, open in CorelPaint, invert it there, save and then put that into EzCad...

I just took a screenshot of your photo above and inverted the whole thing in CorelPaint--

invrt.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle