If you are a professional turner and plan on doing a lot of 20 plus inch platters or bowls or architectural columns, then Oneway, Powermatic, Robust are all good choices.

If you are not a professional but still plan to do a bunch of big things, then consider the Laguna or Griz G0800.

If that is still above your budget, consider the Griz G0766. It'll do 22 x 42. I own one. Interestingly, I had a large 24 to 26" blank and contemplated making a large platter. But I would need to trim it to 22". Because of the form factor, the height of the banjo didn't enter into the equation. But then I thought about the practicality of having a 22" platter. I decided that it would be impractical. I ended up making a 17 or 18" platter (still large) plus a couple of other smaller pieces.

I've read posts from professional production turners that the larger platters don't sell very quickly but that there is a bigger market for perhaps 10 to 12" bowls and platters.

I actually have two banjos for my G0766. So, if I ever wanted to turn a large bowl or hollow form at the full capacity of my lathe (22"), I could locate the banjos at the ends of the piece and insert my long double-stemmed tool rest. That way the banjo would not be under the piece and taking up valuable space.

When you eventually decide on what you're going to get, come back and share.

A last thought - - YOLO (you only live once) - - go for the Powermatic or Robust. You'll probably never regret your decision.