Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Membership Idea

Is there some way that visitors could see the picture links for say one time for free in articles then have to join and pay to see them again. Or maybe a timer so the pictures are free for all in new articles for say 36 hours, then only paid members get to see them.
    you have to let folks see enough, on multiple visits, to realize it is worth joining. Some sites look good until you realize people , posting questions have to wait weeks for responses. Since there is very little current activity. Some of them are not even active but just have archives online.
    Bil lD.

I have not seen any type of timer that can be set in vBulletin.

I wonder if there's some sort of utility that wouldn't allow non-contributors to access the site with an active ad blocker. As a news junkie, I come across plenty of news sites with various forms of paywall. A common one is "Either subscribe (contribute) or shut off your ad blocker to gain access". I use an ad blocker because some sites have ads that are absolutely insufferable. They basically take over the page. Sawmill Creek ad content isn't like that.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

How about reaching out to organized woodworking clubs, guilds or whatever they call themselves, and offer a group membership rate and or some special forum for meeting notices or something along those lines? Maybe that already exists and I'm not aware.

Rob, someone has suggested that there is an add-on for vBulletin that would stop ad-blockers.I will be looking for information about this option.

Stan, we tried to attract woodworking groups in the past and we even offered them private forums here however it did not generate any funds.