Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Step counter on my cell phone

Walking in circles

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    For you guys that walk a lot. Do you walk around where you live or do you have to drive somewhere that's is more conducive to walking? ...
    Hey, move to a farm! If I had to drive somewhere to walk I might not do it. Some of the neighbors down the road walk on the road but it's a dead end lane and traffic is slow, sometimes not a single car in an hour.

The FitBit I got to monitor my heart rate says I walk 6 to 8 miles a day, at least on those days I'm not in the car half the day. Today it claims I logged 15000 steps and says I climbed over 50 "floors" (10 stairs at a time.) All of it today was either from a few hours at the church keeping up with kids or here on the farm - walking up and down the hill to the shop and barn, out to the horses, walk out to work on the beehives, 1/4 mile to check on the driveway sensors, down the big field to fix a fence, herding little donkeys, moving hay bales, doctoring and exercising a llama, feeding, watering, and checking on eggs, incubators, and little birds. Whew, makes me more tired to think about it than do it!

I do have 4wd internal combustion machines which would be quicker but I prefer to walk unless it's driving rain or freezing cold. I made trails, paths, and little woods roads everywhere. About impossible to get bored!

Oops, time to walk back down the hill to check on things before winding down.

EDIT: a quick walk down to the shop and barn and into the fields to check on some of the animals added 879 steps and 2 "floors"

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 05-20-2019 at 12:22 AM.