Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Value of older Craftsman radial arm saw

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I believe the ras is worth $100 as long as you have the motor and carriage to return for the rebate. No idea how you would return it now with Sears gone.
    Bill D
    Hi Bill,
    I heard about the rebate when I was looking for an updated Craftsman blade guard for my 35 year old Craftsman radial arm saw several months ago. From what I understand - the $100 rebate has been discontinued. But I still think that they may be worth in the neighborhood of $100 each to someone who wishes to restore one.
    David

Here in Los Angeles, they go between $50-150. If its an 8" then less; 10" around $150. The older DeWalts and Black and Deckers (circa 1955) are 240v and run about $200, maybe a tad more if it were a 12".

Very little demand for them anymore due to the sliding miter saws.

You can ask $50 but be prepared you probably get to point where you'll practically give them away.

This is what happened to me, anyway.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Hi Bill,
    I heard about the rebate when I was looking for an updated Craftsman blade guard for my 35 year old Craftsman radial arm saw several months ago. From what I understand - the $100 rebate has been discontinued. But I still think that they may be worth in the neighborhood of $100 each to someone who wishes to restore one.
    David
    Good news, the recall is still active; just called their hotline. Originally you had the option of a $100 or a retrofit guard. They ran out of the retrofit blade guard and replacement table a number of years ago. At that time they modified the program to only offering the $100.

edit: and per Bill’s question about where to return it, Emerson sends you a pre-paid shipping package.
    Last edited by Charlie Velasquez; 05-14-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Wish I had known about this recall,about a year ago I took one to the dump because I had not been able to give it away.

Jon
    The prices seem to be cyclic . 2 years ago I picked up one and a miter saw in Peachtree City for 60.00 for both. Got another on with dado for 75. Last time I look at CL they were all around a 100
    Hugh
    Ezboardwalk Jr
    Ls 3025 tractor
    Polaris Ranger 500 utv
    echo cs 400 18 in cs 590 24 in
    Makita 2030 ( awiting rebuild )
    Hatitich job site table saw
    cutech 2 knife planer

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    Good news, the recall is still active; just called their hotline. Originally you had the option of a $100 or a retrofit guard. They ran out of the retrofit blade guard and replacement table a number of years ago. At that time they modified the program to only offering the $100.

edit: and per Bill’s question about where to return it, Emerson sends you a pre-paid shipping package.
    You take motor to local UPS store, they give you a receipt for it, then trash it into the dumpster out back. That's the tale that was going around several years back