Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of older Craftsman radial arm saw

Value of older Craftsman radial arm saw

Hello all. I have 2 Craftsman radial arm saws that were handed down to me. Trying to get a general value on them before posting them for sale on CL. Both have not been used for 30 years and stored inside. I just do not have the space or I would set one up in the shop. Both both run just fine. Have original dado set and other blades for them as well. Do not have the serial numbers right here but last time I looked one was an early '60's and the other late '50's. Also have the same era Craftsman table saw and stand that runs well.

Anyone care to speculate on the value? Not looking to make anything much but also hate to see them sit idle. Atlanta area if it matters and can't seem to find any here to compare with.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Table saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Look more broadly on CL and on ebay for comps-- google 'site:craigslist.org craftsman radial' or similar for a search everywhere

When I've seen them listed they've been in the $25-100 range. I had an earlier model of that table saw as my first saw, bought it in about 1980 for $75, sold it fifteen years later for $90. Should have held on-- it was doing better than some of my other investments!

Blog Entries
    Since you are a contributor you could list them here in the classifieds section.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks. I hear you about the old equipment, Craftsman made some good saws then. I just have limited space and already 2 table saws and a SCM.

It is hard to judge value. If you find a collector, you will get more however CL tends to be a place where people want something for nothing. I have no clue what they are worth, but you might do better if you post them on woodworking specific classifieds than CL.

Shipping would be the killer. I think most people locally will look at CL. I will do thought, you are correct to cover all bases.

I believe the ras is worth $100 as long as you have the motor and carriage to return for the rebate. No idea how you would return it now with Sears gone.
    Bill D

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I believe the ras is worth $100 as long as you have the motor and carriage to return for the rebate. No idea how you would return it now with Sears gone.
    Bill D
    Yes, depending on the serial number.
    Sears was just the middle man as they didn’t actually manufacture the saws; Emerson Tool was the actual supplier of the saw, so it should still be ok.

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

for or more detail.
    Probably the best price and least hassle.

I had an 8" Sears radial saw that was very weak, though it worked OK with a backwards plywood blade for cutting vinyl siding. I sent it in to the recall and was very pleased with the $100. Then I bought a 12" DeWalt RAS for $25 at an auction, it's prehistoric and a little sloppy but it has lots of power and is good for fast rough cuts.
    Zach

I sold my Craftsman RAS in fairly good shape for $100. It appears to be slightly newer than the one in your pictures but older might be better.

In our area, they are hard to give away, let alone sell. Even ones in great condition might only get you $25-$50.

Blog Entries
    Consider giving them to Habitat for Humanity -- they'll likely find a buyer and you can feel good about a donation.

Mike

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    Consider giving them to Habitat for Humanity -- they'll likely find a buyer and you can feel good about a donation.

Mike
    Good idea!
    At my local Habitat for Humanity Store, they'll take donated power tools and use them in the store shop to build and teach. Then these people will help work on Habitat Homes being built.
    "If only those heathen atheists hadn't taken God, Jesus, and the Bible out of schools, God and Jesus could have thrown a Bible at the shooter."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post

Mike
    If the RAS is covered by the recall, Habitat can't take it. But you can do the recall, and donate the $100 to Habitat