Thread: Maple headboard

Maple headboard

I actually built this a while ago. It’s wormy maple (ambrosia maple to some). The frame is 8/4 and the rest is 4/4. I put a dado in the frame and the backboard just floats inside. I jammed some pieces of foam in the back of the dado to prevent the backboard from making noise. I routed some grooves in the top board and added led strip lights for reading.

I bought a thin touch pad that acts as the on/off switch and it also dims. I used picked holes to attach the top piece for easy removal if I ever have a problem with the lights. The finish is 4 coats of waterlox
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It looks good. I like the lights. Are they individually controlled? What are picked holes??
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    It looks good. I like the lights. Are they individually controlled? What are picked holes??
    Probably meant pocket holes.

oops, yes 'pocket holes' not picked holes. Stupid auto correct. They are individually controlled. Each side has it's own on/off switch