Brick and mortar retail is a tough place to be these days and that's especially true for franchise owners who either have personal issues like seem to be case here as well as when it comes to lease renewal time, often about 5 years in. They may not have as attractive deal financially at that point and the level of business that supported things on the original terms may not be enough to continue on new, more expensive terns. That combined with the "declining" demographics of the customer base and the attractiveness of ordering online instead of traveling a long way to visit a specialty store is also taking a toll. If I wanted to visit a Woodcraft physical store, it would effectively be a whole day outing. I don't actually buy a lot from them, but I do try to stop by that store if I happen to be up in the "Leaky Valley" (Lehigh Valley) for other reasons and browse, usually leaving with a few odds and ends. There are no brick and mortar woodworking specialty stores in this area anymore. I can certainly get electric powered hand tools in the local community including Festool, but larger gear is pretty much limited to lower-end stationary tools from the 'borg. (Not that I'm in the market) All of my original stationary tools (largely Jet) were purchased from local stores that existed back then, primarily a mom&pop (actually "friend and friend") woodworking store but also a Woodcraft franchise that was back then just around the corner from where I lived. There were also 2-3 other places like the dearly departed "Woodworker's Warehouse", etc.

Fortunately, there are plenty of local and near-local sources for hardwood material...and that counts a lot more for me at this stage. I'd never buy lumber from a retail tool store anyway.