Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Drum Sander Choice, Jet Vs. Supermax

I have the extension tables on the Supermax 1632 and feel like they're an excellent accessory. They fold down when not in use, so add virtually nothing to the footprint of the machine.

Another recent thread discussed the installation problems some experienced. The guy that started the thread ended up calling support, who admitted that the instructions were terrible and provided him with better guidance. Maybe Supermax (Laguna) has taken steps to fix that.

Hello Jay,

I ordered a replacement hood from Jet. I drilled out the four or five rivets on my original hood and replaced them with nuts and bolts on the replacement hood. Didn't take me a half hour.

Best of luck,

Scott in Montana

Thanks Scott!

Rockler often has a 10% off sale every few months. There's a thread started by someone a few days ago saying they got a 15% reusable coupon code in the mail. Too bad there's not one close to you. I know the one in NH has the 19/38 in stock.

I have two sanders-a Performax 16-32, made during the Jet transition and a General International (no comments about the General, since this is not a thread about that style of sander). My 16-32 has been a great machine. I have the table extensions on it it (no issues). I also have the magnetic ceramic guides that keep the drive belt running true. I have no issues changing sandpaper, but I also have the optional changing tool that makes it easy-Peasy.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    Rockler often has a 10% off sale every few months. There's a thread started by someone a few days ago saying they got a 15% reusable coupon code in the mail. Too bad there's not one close to you. I know the one in NH has the 19/38 in stock.
    I got the 15% and free shipping offer a week or 2 ago. Among the exclusions listed are "power tools, Porter-Cable dovetail jigs, CNC machines, leigh products, SawStop, Tormek, Ready2Rout, select Rockwell products, taxes, Apollo sprayers, shipping charges, sales items and other promotions." I'm guessing the "power tools" takes out all the drum sanders--but it can't hurt to ask!!
    earl

If anyone has a Discount code, please direct message me, I’d love to pick one up ASAP.