I just got a new refrigerator. The water line is 20' of 1/4" copper tubing; 10' is in the basement and 10' behind the fridge. It comes in on the left, made a few clockwise loops and attached to the water inlet on the right. The new refrigerator has the inlet on the left so the installer beat the heck out it to get it to come around. It is probably fine, but a few years ago I had a flooded kitchen from a broken ice maker; I don't want to go through that because of a broken water line, so I figure it is time to replace it.

The 10' in the basement hasn't been bent since it was installed, so I figure that is fine and happen to have 10' of unused tubing I bought at a garage sale years ago. I was going to cut the existing tubing off at about the floor (probably just below, so I see the joint) and connecting it to the new tubing. The question is how.

1) Flare to flare fittings. I have never done a flare fitting, but have the tool and it looks easy enough. Fittings would be $5.
2) Sharkbite. Never used that either, but it would be an awful lot easier than a flare to flare. Also $5.
3) Compression to compression fitting. I have done plenty of these, but am told that flare is much better, so I guess I should scratch this one out.
4) Sweat union. I have done lots of these, but never 1/4" or soft tubing. Any big differences from 1/2" hard copper? $1
5) Sweat 90. Since the tube and the water inlet are both on the left, the copper will have to be bent to accommodate that. I thought of moving the tube to the right side, but that would be complicated and put some wear on it. But a sweat 90 will allow a simple counterclockwise bend to the tubing, but it would require putting the joint behind the fridge rather than in the basement; but a sweat joint can't leak so it doesn't matter. (does it?) $2

I hate choices. Any of these would work; having to decide among 5 drives me crazy; so any advice would be appreciated.
My wife would just assume the installer knew what he was doing and forget about it. If it leaks later on; well that happens.

Oh, #6; toss all the copper and get 20' of new copper $20, #7 or 20' of braided steel. $30.