Thread: Any quality hacksaws out there?

Any quality hacksaws out there?

I am in need of a Hacksaw for cutting metal... I do it so rarely so I dont want a machine to do it. Just a lowly hacksaw will do it for me.

But, do you have any suggestions for a quality product with good blades?

I have an older version of the lenox high tension frame. It's seen fairly hard use and has held up well. You can put a lot of tension on the blade and you can store a few extra blades inside the frame. I tend to use lenox blades as well and have no complaints with them. They've changed the design of the tensioner on the newer model, but it still has a nice large lever for setting the tension instead of the small knob you see on many saws.

I too use the Lennox saw and blades and have found them to be very good.

I third the lennox. Walked in to lee valley one day and bought it for $20 .

I have both Lennox and Starret HT hack saws. Use either brand of blades, depending upon which vendor I'm purchasing from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kraakenes View Post
    I am in need of a Hacksaw for cutting metal... I do it so rarely so I dont want a machine to do it. Just a lowly hacksaw will do it for me.

But, do you have any suggestions for a quality product with good blades?
    I have several, but I think the blade is more important than the frame! I use several brands but I like the Milwaukee bimetal blades.

Hey, do you have a reciprocating "sawzall" saw for cutting wood? I do a quite a bit of metal working and have a variety of ways to cut metal and keep the hacksaw handy, but when I get to thicker metal the reciprocating saw with a metal-cutting blade is VERY effective. I've cut a lot of angle iron, bar, and thick plate this way. If you already have a reciprocating saw for cutting wood, you might try one of the blades. I prefer the Milwaukee bimetal blades called the "Torch" but use others, including Dewalt and Bosch.

JKJ