Thread: New Porch

New Porch

To replace a small, very dangerous thing...Porch project, existing.JPGbad step, no railing, no handrail to use the step. Even the Post Office complained!
    So..Single Brain Cell Sketch Up came up with a plan,,,took the plan to the Blue BORG,,,ordered all the materials...and spent over a week in the build..
    Porch Project post. front view.JPGFront Gate install, final fitting.JPG
    Even added a gate..
    Front Gate install, stowed away.JPG
    That swings in, and out of the way. Even had to replace the beat up old screen door...
    Screen Door install, done.JPG
    And a new porch light...seems to be an improvement over the existing porch.
    had to work on the back porch gate over this past weekend....not too bad, for an Old Carpenter?

That was a very good idea to make for a safer and more useful entry area for the home. Great job!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well done, Stephen. You and the Mrs will get a lot of good use out of that porch.

Those Victorian doors are often used in the wrong places, but yours fits in well. I think you should open a B&b.

I would call that a "major" improvement. Very nicely done, should make the Postman smile.

That's a really good furniture. I like the color and design. That would look good with new Fortuny Lamp Would you agree so?