Thread: Announcements don’t show up on New Posts page

Announcements don’t show up on New Posts page

Yes, no one reads announcements. Why? I can’t speak for everyone, but if they take the simplest way to read what’s on a forum like this they: 1) go to the main page, 2) click on “New Posts”. Those people will never see the announcements.

That's true, the software doesn't offer every option we would all like to see. Note that there are some other great features here that most overlook like the Special Groups and photo galleries plus our archives are amazing with 16 years of woodworking knowledge. Just using the New Posts feature means you are missing 99% of the information that is here. Look around and enjoy everything The Creek has to offer.

I visit almost every forum here daily, I doubt that is a surprise to anyone given my job here. I also review every single picture shared here at the end of every year. What I see is one of the most incredible sources of woodworking information anyone could imagine. One major problem IMO is that the search engine built-in to vBulletin leaves a lot to be desired. This for me is one of the three most important reasons that I want to change the software here to Xenforo.