Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Quotes that you find inspiring?

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Issaquah, Washington
    Posts
    1,125
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S Thompson

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Issaquah, Washington
    Posts
    1,125
    [QUOTE=Patrick Walsh;2925049]Imagine no possessions

    I wonder if you can

    No need for greed or hunger

    A brotherhood of man

    Imagine all the people sharing all the world.

    John Lennon

    Love it Patrick!

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    1,696
    You and I must drink the same water.

    Love Hunter..

    Watching news about plane crash in Alaska noticing your in Washington state. Wanna move to remote Alaska so bad.

    But how to make a living. Maybe I can give up veganism. Take up hunting and eating animals and just survive and forget about work in the conventional sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S Thompson

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Mtl, Canada
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    If you don't do stupid things when you are young, you'll have nothing to laugh about when you are old. --Unknown

    jtk
    And if you never make stupid mistakes then you never learn anything.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Mtl, Canada
    Posts
    2,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Walsh View Post
    Imagine no possessions

    I wonder if you can

    No need for greed or hunger

    A brotherhood of man

    Imagine all the people sharing all the world.

    John Lennon

    NEVER, NEVER, NEVER GIVE UP.

    Winston Churchill
    Wise words to live by!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Modesto, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,668
    The cream and the scum float together

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,416
    The Fish Rots From The Head Down.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longview WA
    Posts
    19,295
    Blog Entries
    1
    Interesting to see what can be inspiring to others.

    jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Coastal Southern Maine
    Posts
    143
    Every time a read another post about Patrick Walsh rebuilding the Martin I think of this one - Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    1,696
    I haven’t overdone anything.

    Imop what I have done is just barely good enough. Come take look you’ll find all kinds a things to nit pick. Put you know that’s coming from a guy that finds the odd imperfection is a 200k car restoration. That’s without the cost of the car factored in.

    I’m sure there is someone somewhere with the skill to put me to shame. Like one of those car guys..

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drackman View Post
    Every time a read another post about Patrick Walsh rebuilding the Martin I think of this one - Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longview WA
    Posts
    19,295
    Blog Entries
    1
    "Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
    - Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)

    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

    "Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."
    - George Eliot (1819-1880)

    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

    "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
    - Frank Zappa

    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
    - Jimi Hendrix

    "A clever man commits no minor blunders."
    - Goethe (1749-1832)

    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    - Mario Andretti

    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
    - Henry Ford (1863-1947)

    "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it"
    - Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

    "God, please save me from your followers!"
    - Bumper Sticker

    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1884-1980)

    "A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies."
    - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

    "I am not young enough to know everything."
    - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

    "When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
    - Mae West (1892-1980)

    "Few things are harder to put up with than a good example."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
    - Sun Tzu

    "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

    jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1
    "I'd rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned."
    - Richard Feinmann

    "The art of procrastination is like fine wine -- it takes patience."
    - Rev. Dr. Mary Sue Dreier

    "The first 90 percent of the task accounts for the first 90 percent of the time. The remaining 10 percent of the task accounts for the other 90 percent of the time."
    - Tom Cargill

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,232
    "Be nice or leave" - Anon.

    "If you can't do, you can't stay" - Anon.
    It's wood dust. Saw dust would suggest a problem.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Center Valley, PA USA
    Posts
    71
    "Anyone can achieve their fullest potential. Who we are might be predetermined; but the path we follow is always of our own choosing. We should never allow our fears or the expectations of others set the frontiers of our destiny. Your destiny can't be changed, but it can be challenged. 'Every man is born as many men, and dies as a single one.'" - Martin Heidegger


    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke


    "Try not; do, or do not. There is no try. “ - Jedi Master Yoda

  15. #60
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    434
    "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Rosa Parks or Alexander Hamilton - take you pick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •