Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
Lets say that we did implement a pop-up that required you to disable your ad-blocker. Then a couple months later the ad-blocking software is revised to block the pop-up, then we used another tactic and then the ad-blocker is revised again......and on and on. I am not going to play games and waste my time and energy fighting a battle I know I cannot win. People want to block advertising and they are going to do it because someone will always produce the software people want.

You receive updated ad-blocking features every time you upgrade your browser, its not that easy for forum owners. Last but not least I don't really care what other forum owners do or don't do. My goal to make the majority here happy and provide a friendly place for woodworkers to share and communicate.
Quote Originally Posted by Harold Balzonia View Post
Which is 10% of the site’s population? And what percentage of contributors choose to opt in at this point? Not many, I would opine.... if they pay $6, why would they also look at ads....? the $6 should eliminate all the ads.

Let people choose.... see the ads and view/participate for free.... or pay $6 and see no ads and get other benefits (like access to post on classifieds (which is a nice perk!)

Force everyone to who wants to visit for free to opt in to ads.... seems like problem solved.

Unless the goal is to shrink the size of SMC, which is fine, if that’s what the goal actually is.... Maybe SMC is too unruly at this point for Keith and most people on here would prefer to only interact with like minded people willing to pay for a forum. So be it, if that’s the new business model, and let the market decide if SMC survives.
Harold,

Read Keith's earlier post. Maybe what he wants is a permanent fix rather one that has to change as the new ad-blocking software is developed that transcends the "Opt-in" option. Believe me, if there isn't software available to do that now, it's under development I'm sure.