Thread: Roll and Lock Bed Cover

Blog Entries

Roll and Lock Bed Cover

I have a 2014 Ford F150 with the bed cover. It rained really hard in Galveston County, Texas and my truck is not in a garage.
    There is an accumulation of water in the bed cover mechanism.
    Do any of you have a bed cover. Do you have any tips on how to dry it out? I open and shut it and the water pours out of the mechanism.
    Any tips will be appreciated.

Are there any weep holes in the cover housing? I would think that the manufacturer would have addressed this. If there is, maybe you might have some accumulated debris in it. I would check that first. If no weep hole, maybe you could drill your own to alleviate the problem.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Blog Entries
    There are two weep holes that connect to rubber hose that connects to drains through the truck bed.
    The bed is coated with a black granular coating. There is no rust or corrosion. I have no issues other than seeing water after a rain.
    and it is on top of the cover, the bed is dry. I just react to the water after I close the cover after rain.
    The bed is always dry. I just react to seeing the water.

Back in the early 70's I had a 67 El Camino with a Tonneau Cover. In the rain it turned into a swimming pool. Depending on where I was parked I ether put into 1'st or reverse and punched the gas. No more swimming pool.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Close the bed and remove the cover from the roll up mechanism. Debris gets in the mechanism box and clogs the drain holes. Clear the drain holes and your problem will be solved.

I have had Roll n Lock bed covers on my last four trucks. The Drain holes can get plugged with debris (especially Oak Pollen pods and such.). With the cover closed, open the lid over where it rolls ups. (there are two clips that pull straight out, one on each side, and the lid tilts up). Clean out all the debris in the space where the top rolls up into. I have occasionaly needed to run a stiff wire down the drain hole through the hoses to make sure they are not blocked.

John

Blog Entries
    I am happy to say, my truck is dry and my bed cover had water in it after the sever rain we experienced. The roller mechanism drained and this Texas gulf coast sun has dried the bed out. I am completely happy with my 2014 F150.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 05-05-2019 at 7:33 PM.