Thread: Images

Images

I am a registered member, cannot see images in posts. I have exited, returned, cleared cookies, etc. with no success. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Glen Cowan

Glen, see the announcement at the top of this forum.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Wow, that's what I figured (pay to see images) and that's really unfortunate. At least it is a small cost for an annual membership.... but I'll be curious to see how it affects overall participation.
    Licensed Professional Engineer,
    Unlicensed Semi Professional Tinkerer

This appears to apply only to images uploaded to the SMC, and not images linked from external hosting sites. I logged out and cleared my cache, and when I came back as a visitor, I could still see linked images, but images on SMC were replaced with filenames and I couldn't view them.

I did the $6.00 annual donation and paid with paypal and still cannot see pictures. what did i do wrong?

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by terry cole View Post
    I did the $6.00 annual donation and paid with paypal and still cannot see pictures. what did i do wrong?

Terry
    You're still showing as a Member at this moment. Someone may have to manually set you up as a Contributor. Bear with them Terry.

Thanks for "signing up".
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Terry,

What I believe happened is that you were not logged into The Creek when you made the PayPal transaction. If you had been logged in it would have automatically upgraded your account. I manually edited your account this morning.

Thanks for your support,
    Keith