Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fusion Pro

1. Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'd rather do that than clutter up the main page with more--

Has anyone had experience with the Fusion Pro 48? I'll be going to the Vegas show and need to decide between Trotec and Epilog; I have the Epilog Fusion 50W but need to upgrade. I get the differences between Trotec and the rivalry that exists between them (though the rivalry seems to be perpetuated by enthusiastic customers as opposed to the companies themselves) and just want to hear how the Fusion Pro is working for you/what you've heard. Thanks in advance, I will really appreciate any advice.

Hi Brandon,
    I have had my Fusion Pro 120 running nicely for the past 4 weeks
    the difference between the old Fusion and this one is amazing
    the speed is crazy, the cameras are great when setting up those hard
    to position jobs and the power is nuts, i'm cutting 13mm acrylic
    at 3x the speed of the old fusion, there is a Fusion Owners face book page too
    (hope it's okay to mention that) lots of great feedback and comments there.
    So far so good and totally no regrets.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

We recently installed a Fusion Pro 48 120watt. Awesome machine!
    I run 2 X EXT 32's a 50 watt and a 75 watt, they've been absolute work horses over the years. I've also got a older Trotec TP1313 with a 100 watt Synrad tube, I've used it almost exclusively for cutting acrylic up to 25mm thick with amazing results but it's dog slow when it comes to engraving.
    The new Fusion Pro 48 really has changed the game for us. The camera system is super accurate and makes positioning an absolute dream. The increase in engraving and cutting speed is astonishing over the older EXT's. We're cutting acrylic and MDF at over 3 times the speed. The larger bed size is great but when it comes to working on smaller pieces of material or items I find it easier to set ip in the EXT's as the stretch across the machine bed of the Fusion Pro 48 is a loooong way.
    So only been running the Fusion Pro 48 for 3 weeks now but so far so good and the job control software has made quoting and output much more efficient.

4. I really appreciate the replies on this; good to hear that the Fusion Pro has had a really strong start. Will probably have to get this in Vegas this year.

Quote Originally Posted by vic casware View Post
    Hi Brandon,
    I have had my Fusion Pro 120 running nicely for the past 4 weeks
    the difference between the old Fusion and this one is amazing
    the speed is crazy, the cameras are great when setting up those hard
    to position jobs and the power is nuts, i'm cutting 13mm acrylic
    at 3x the speed of the old fusion, there is a Fusion Owners face book page too
    (hope it's okay to mention that) lots of great feedback and comments there.
    So far so good and totally no regrets.
    I am having a VERY difficult time deciding between the Fusion 48 and Speedy 400. Now that you have been running yours for a little bit, do you find distortion issues with work along the outer edges of the machine? I can't find any real-user info on this potential issue that has been brought up to me. I like the idea of the camera, Epilog's software interface and larger bed size but don't want to be getting too excited if there are some issues I can't see due to it being such a new model.

Hi Sarah, Sorry it took so long for the reply
    i am so used to coming here every day when i'm at work
    but since i've been at home i forget to check,
    I haven't had any issues with distortion (touch wood).
    The Face book page is really interesting with people having different issues
    all be it small amount of issues they seem to be 1 offs and very random.
    For me the Table size, speed and camera's are the main positives over the Trotec
    but i haven't seen one running so just my opinion, and the price especially in NZ was a huge plus.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

Quote Originally Posted by vic casware View Post
    Hi Sarah, Sorry it took so long for the reply
    i am so used to coming here every day when i'm at work
    but since i've been at home i forget to check,
    I haven't had any issues with distortion (touch wood).
    The Face book page is really interesting with people having different issues
    all be it small amount of issues they seem to be 1 offs and very random.
    For me the Table size, speed and camera's are the main positives over the Trotec
    but i haven't seen one running so just my opinion, and the price especially in NZ was a huge plus.
    Somehow I missed that you had replied! This quarantine is throwing everyone off. Thank you for the information. I am about to bite the bullet and give out my money... I think I am going to go with the Fusion. The camera system is really intriguing and the larger bed size is convincing me... then I start second guessing when I start reading all the pro-trotec threads. I am just nervous to push “Go” because the price is so high and I am afraid I will choose wrong. But it helps to hear a “real” person promoting the new Fusion so thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Fischer View Post
    Somehow I missed that you had replied! This quarantine is throwing everyone off. Thank you for the information. I am about to bite the bullet and give out my money... I think I am going to go with the Fusion. The camera system is really intriguing and the larger bed size is convincing me... then I start second guessing when I start reading all the pro-trotec threads. I am just nervous to push “Go” because the price is so high and I am afraid I will choose wrong. But it helps to hear a “real” person promoting the new Fusion so thank you
    Sarah,
    I have owned Epilog's and Trotec since 2004. One very important thing I would check before you make the purchase is how much parts cost for wearable items. Lens, Motors, laser tubes, belts and even mainboards are common to go out on these lasers. Give each manufacture a call and ask how much each of these parts would cost. I've found that Epilog is reasonably priced for their replacement parts where Trotec seems to be excessively marked up. For instance a a replacement 2.0" lens for my Epilog was $150 whereas a replacement for My Trotec was $295. I found out where Trotec get's their lenes and order the exact same lens for $28.00, performed perfectly. Another example is I just got a replacement motor for my Trotec Speedy 300, It cost $1145, YES $1145! My Epilog motor was in the $300 range. I would recommend doing your home work and give them a call.