Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Pro

Fusion Pro

Hi Everyone,
    Is it too early to ask if anyone has bought or has looked at the new Epilog Fusion Pro?
    The specs look impressive as they always do, it's the reality i'm interested in.
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K
    Dalgren 2516i, Epilog Fusion Pro 120W

I’d be very hesitant to be an early adopter of a brand new model. There’s a history of early adopters and the issues from previous models. I’d let then get the bugs worked out before buying ANY brand new model from any company.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Also curious to hear a review. I may cancel my speedy 400 order and looking for alternatives.

Not many viable alternatives to a Speedy 400...

Well, maybe one, but then I'm biased
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

There is a machine show here next week i might take a look at the Trotec R500
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Fusion 40 75W, Tekcel Router, Taylor Hobson Model D & K

Trotec R500... Now that there machine is an enigma- ??

You can get a 60w DC,
    or a 100w DC,
    or a 60w Ceramicore RF,
    or a 100w DC AND a 60w RF... but why only 60 watts?
    And the 1 meter per second speed, I can make my Triumph go that fast...

In other words, it's a built like a tank Chinese machine... I can only hope it's cheaper than any of the Speedy's...?

Vic-- Google LS1000XP and watch the SGIA video...

(like I said, I'm biased )
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Kev
    Don't confuse the Rayjet R500 with the Trotec Speedy 500. They are different machines.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

oh, I'm not confused, just a bit confounded -I wasn't aware Trotec made a BMW-version of a Chinese machine!

I suppose the 60w RF is plenty for engraving purposes, add the 100w DC and it'll be a nice unit- too bad the 'fusion' name is taken!

-- um- is it controlled like an RF machine, or like a typical DC machine? If all the tweaks are done via firmware rather than the trial/error method, that would be really cool..
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I am happy to report Trotec made things right with my order so I am pleased that it is still going to find a spot in my home. I can’t lie though that Fusion Pro 48 does look like a great machine.

So Epilog finally caught up to Trotec for acceleration, it's about time! One thing about speed - Trotec has a max of about 139 ips vs 165 for the Epilog. Unfortunately neither one will really make much difference in the real world. I have almost no material that I run at full speed so it really makes no difference between 139 and 165 other than bragging rights. The important number is the acceleration - 5g means you have the most opportunity to get up to speed in short distance so you can truly decrease engraving times significantly. I'm betting if you run a job on my Trotec and the same job on an Epilog, the times won't be much different between them now that Epilog has 5g acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by jon stevenson View Post
    I am happy to report Trotec made things right with my order so I am pleased that it is still going to find a spot in my home. I can’t lie though that Fusion Pro 48 does look like a great machine.

I was at the ISA show in Vegas, and Trotec told me the speedy 400 is now 170 IPS. The 300 and 360 are still 140.

The camera system on the new Epilog is interesting though, I am wondering how accurate it is.

I guess it depends on where you look on the Trotec website. On the Speedy page it lists 4.2m/sec which converts to 165ips, I'm pretty sure I saw 3.5m/sec elsewhere which is where I got the ~139 number. Either way, 139 or 165, those numbers are meaningless on narrow jobs or anything where you don't have enough room to get up to full speed. 3.5G acceleration makes that a very small distance, but it's still a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Barclay View Post
    I was at the ISA show in Vegas, and Trotec told me the speedy 400 is now 170 IPS. The 300 and 360 are still 140.

The camera system on the new Epilog is interesting though, I am wondering how accurate it is.

It's working really well for Glowforge...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Barclay View Post

The 165 IPS speedys are only the new 2019-400 models rolling out of the factory as we speak, AFAIK. The 2 huge bonus of the epilog in my mind were the bed size or 48x36 which means less stripping of materials and the camera system looks great, for now the rep told me it is solely for positioning your art work on the substrate but by fall it will be upgraded to read the registration marks, pretty nice as this an expensive option in the trotec.

Well, I pushed the GoGo button, should be 6 to 8 weeks until the Beast arrives (Tim Allen Grunt)
    120w Fusion Pro 48, now i just need heaps more work to pay for it.
    Anyone here got one yet?